English class these past two years has been full of assignments that have taught me many things. I learned special skills that can help me write better. I am writing this blog post because i’m exlanimg what i learned from my seventh and eight grade assignments and my strengths and weaknesses that i got from them. I chose two assignments one from seventh and one from eight to show my understanding of how the assignments showed my strengths and weaknesses.

The seventh grade assignment i chose was my Water Wars essay. In the Water Wars essay we wrote our opinion on tap or bottled water in San Diego and throughly explain why we picked our side of the opinion.The annotations shown are there because i didn’t cite where i got my evidence. The second annotation is tere because i made a typo and spelled the word wrong. The improvement i need to replace my mistakes is to cite evidence more and to check for spelling errors. The FLAGS outcome i demonstrated was being an Effective Communicator.

image

The eigth grade assignment i chose was my Lesson Of The Moth essay. In the Lesson Of The Moth essay we wrote about what the moth and the cockroach symbolize in the story. The annotation that is shown is that i have a typo. I put he in the place of the. The improvement i need to replace my mistakes is to check for spelling errors more. The FLAGS outcome i demonstrated was being a Critical and Creative thinker because i carefully thought about which side was better to agree on.

I’ve improved as a writer in the seventh and eigth grade by learning new skills to help me improve as a writer. The skills i learned this year are doing spelling error checks every so often so i can see if i typed the word correctly or if i missed a typo. I also learned how to cite where i got my evidence when i write essays about certain topics.