I have been in Mrs.Lepre English class for around two years now and it has been a pleasure being in this class by learning how to write better and how to improve.Well Im writing this blog post to explain how I improved as a writer from 7th to 8th grade.The assignments that I choose were the murder mystery analysis for 7th grade and toilet to tap performance task for 8th grade.

The assignment called,”Murder Mystery Analysis” was to try to solve a mystery of a man who was killed or committed suicide.We had to write about what we think has happened and support it with clues and evidence from the photos and text.Where its highlighted it shows how I was able to show evidence and to be able to use the context clues from photos and the text.A Flags outcome from this assignment was to be able to be a critical thinker by using little clues from the text and photos and to have a theory supported by evidence.Another Flags outcome is to be a effective communicator because we were in groups and we had to explain among other students what we thought and how did we support our theory.

image

The assignment I did for 8th grade was a Toilet to Tap performance task.For this assignment I had to explain what was better to do a project to turn sewage water into tap water or just relay on tap water.We had to do this by reading three different sources explaining the better good for each side. With the annotations shows that I was to support the claim with evidence and identifying the source where the information came from.Also to be able to use different transitions for each paragraph and to have a rebuttal to opposing information.The Flags outcome from this assignment was to be a critical thinker to know what was likely going to be the best for the people and the environment when trying to come up with a solution to the problem.Another outcome was to be civic minded by knowing what is happening to our community and how we can solve it.

image

Over the two years I have improved as a writer from 7th to 8th grade by being able to write while using evidence from the sources and embedding quotes from the text and using them as evidence. Another way is to use the text to use as evidence to support claims.Over this time those reasons were my strong points while having some weakness like unable to finish a essay with a good conclusion and going off topic with information.I can improve for high school by always writing and seeing what I can improve on every time and to see what I need to work on for future occasions.