English class has had fun times and had its more difficult times these past two years.  My 7th grade year was not very difficult however thsi year was a different story, English became a bit more difficult for me. I am writing this blog post to show how i have improved from 7th to 8th grade English. I choose the murder myster analyis for my seventh grade artifact because i enjoyed solving the mystery and its a fun way to learn english. I choose the letter to the president for my eigth grade artifact because i thought it was a cool idea to write a letter to the actual president.

image

The picture above is my murder mystery police report where i gave my final conclusion on what i thought happened in this crime. In this assignment i had to give an answer on what i thought happened and explain why it happened. I need to work on using higher vocabulary and stop saying good or bad. Things i did well was my evidence and making myself clear on what i thought happened. The flags outcome that i demonstrated in this assignment was critical and creative thinking because i had to think about how this guy died and i used my imagination.

image

In the screen shot above is my 8th grade assignment the letter to the president. In this assignment we wrote to the president and told him out opinion on his state of the union address. Some things that i am strong at are stating my opinion clearly and what i thought. I  also had good concluding sentences in my paragraphs. Some weaknesses of mine are weak transitions and weak conclusions these were not best transitions or conclusions. The flags outcome that i demonstrated is being an effective communicator because i learned how to communicate better through letter.

I have improved tremendously in writing from 7th to 8th grade. In 7th grade my puntuation was horrible and now it has improved greatly im making less mistakes. Also in 7th grade i had trouble using high vocabulary and now i am using words that i have never used. My weaknesses now are mostly counterarguments and conclusions i can improve on these skills for highschool by writing more argumentive pieces and practice writing more conclusions.