English is honeslty a hard class in my opnion because of  reading long articles and big books especially the essays that you need to write but its a class that would help you be succesful in life. This blog is to show how i improved from from the beginning of 8th grade to now in English.  I am chosing two Blogs 1 from the beginning of the year and one Blog post that i recently wrote that way i can explain some mistakes i made in the past that i now do better on.

image

This assignment is called “Flowers for Algernon Blog Post”. This assignment was from the beginning of the year and it was about a man who had a mental disability that wanted to become a smart person. What i need to write about was Charlie the man who wanted to become smart but i wrote a blog about people with mental disablilities. What i did good in this blog post was that i can use 8th grade vocabulary to express my ideas. But what needed work was using evidence that way i can prove my topic or whatever im writing about.

image

This assignment is called “Lesson of the moth blog post” This assignment was about about a man asking a moth why he is trying to break into an electric light bulb when the moth could easily kill himself on it. The moth answers that fire is beautiful. He then says that he would rather have one moment of beauty and happiness and then be dead than live a long life and have no beauty or happiness. After saying that, the moth decides to go and fry himself on a cigar lighter while the man wonders why the moth would like to fry himself so badly. I was suppose to write about the theme of this story and what this poem mean’t. What i did well on this assignment was i used evidence witch is one improvement and what i did well as well is using 8th grade vocabulary. But what needs work is the conclusion because its too short it needs more detail. What i demonstrated was using evidence witch i did not do in the first blog post.

What i have inproved from the beginning of the year to now was using evidence. I used evidence to support my topic or what i am writing about like the “Lesson of the moth” blog post. What i do need to work on is the conclusion because its too short and it needs more detail into it, What i can do to improve for high school is practicing writing conclusions on each essay or blog i will do in the future.