I enjoy going to English class every day. For the past two years English has been an awesome experience for me me. I will be writing this blog post to reflect on assignments i did in 7th and 8th grade and to show you my strengths and weaknesses about those assignments. And this blog post will show you how much i have improved. I have chosen two assignment the one i chose from 7th grade is “The Murder Mystery” and the one from 8th grade is ” The Performance Task Essay” i chose these assignments because i learned from my mistakes.

To start with, My 7th grade assignment i will reflect on is “The Murder Mystery”. For this assignment we had to download into Notability and look at some pictures and find clues that will help us decide if it was a murder or a suicided. After we decided if it was a murder or suicided we had to write a police report About what happened. As a 8th grader right now looking back at this 7th grade assignment i did has many mistakes. Everything i annotated in red means it was a spelling error, needs to be capitalized, or the sentence does not make sense. When i completed this assignment the FLAGS outcome i demonstrated was critical thinker.

image

Secondly, the 8th grade assignment i chose was “The Performance Task Essay”. For this assignment we had to write a five paragraph Argumentative Essay about if we should decide to reuse water. We had three different sources to look back on to complete the Argumentative Essay we were going to write. Our first source we has was a poem “Water in the 60s” by Eileen Moshke which was about how water was in the 60s and how they felt to have fresh water. Our second source is an email from our San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders and is about he’s  against “Indirect Potable Use” program. Lastly our third source is a news article about why the San Diego City Council voted to approve the  “Pure Water San Diego” project. Anything i annotated in red means it was a spelling error, needs to be capitalized, or the sentence does not make sense and everything in black is comments. When i completed this assignment the FLAGS outcome i demonstrated was effective communicator.

image

I have improved in many ways as a writer between 7th and 8th grade. One way i have improved is my grammar. Another way it has improved from 7th to 8th grade is i can use more transitions. My weakness as a writer in 8th grade right now is my conclusion and my introduction. I can improve for high school by practicing.