I have been in Mrs. Lepre’s class for 2 years. I have enjoyed those years with the activities we have done. Although there are some activities I got confused in. Mrs. Lepre tries to make every activity fun for us. I liked that I got her again for 8th grade since she knows my strengths and weaknesses. Im writing this blog post because im going to be talking about 2 artifacts. One is from 7th grade and the other one is from 8th grade. I decided I’m going to talk about the activity we did in 7th grade, Tap water: performance essay. Im also going to talk about the activity we did in 8th grade, “Cost of College” Performance Task Essay.
imageIn this assignment we had to decide if tap or bottled water better. I chose tap, since if would help our planet and we wouldn’t have as many recycling problems. The annotation in green is what I understand what to do. The annotation in red is what I need help on. This would make me global minded since I’m thinking of the earths good.

image

In my second assignment we had to talk about college cost. We had to analyze charts and articles about college cost. My first annotation is how I can analyze picture and chart. My second annotation is about getting statistics in articles, which I get confused sometimes. This would relate to a critical thinking since I have to think about college.
My improvement between 7th and 8th grade is on my writing skills. I have learned more of citation and etc. Which in my opinion I think makes a essay or anything better. My weakness are the compound, complex sentences. That gets me really confused. I can improve for high school by reviewing them.