My English class theses two years were fun. My teacher for english was Ms. Lepre. She cool and easy one us in the beginning of school. She wouldn’t give us a lot of homework. She would make our assignments fun. I am writing this blog post to show and explain the differences pf my understanding of english from last year to this year. There are two assignments where i will shows my understandings of the two years. Then later show their differences.

The first assignment i will show is “Gentleman of the road text and questions.” This assignment is from the 7th grade. Where we were learning about annotating narratives. In this assignment we had to first answer some question referring to the topic. Then we look up definitions of some of the chosen words from the story. These words had something important to do with the story so we also had to explain the importance to it and why its relevant to the story. Before we explain the importance of the words we had to read the first two paragraphs and also the last paragraph one of the story. This helped us be effective communicators because we explained our learning and gave our opinion for the understanding of the story.

image

The second assignment i will show is “Ironic rewrite.” This assignment is from the 8th grade. Where at the time were learning different ways to be ironic. In the assignment she gave us we had to make lyrics from a song ironic really ironic without changing the whole topic. One example is a smoking sign on your cigarette break. This is not correct. So we had to change into a more ironic. What i got is a smoking sign in a cigarette factory. That would be ironic because you would expect for there to be a warning of smoking in a factory where they make cigarettes. This assignment also helps me be a effective communicator because i will use my opinions and knowledge to fix responses to its correct form.

image

These two assignments i just showed, shows the improvements i have made in the past two years. In the first assignment shows that i used repeatedly the same answer for almost all questions in the beginning. I also didn’t answer the importance of the words given in complete sentences. Meaning i was lazy. Yet now, looking at my second assignment from 8th grade show that i could find different answers in a complete sentence. This meant i became a hard worker. The second assignment was the first time we were practicing in ironic. So i didn’t know completely what it was and how to work it. Meaning the work i showed is better than before because i shows i became a hard worker. Which also caused me to become better in english and being a effective communicator.