For the past two years, English class has had its ups and downs but mostly ups because even though people think the subject English is boring and all about reading however Mrs.Lepre has made English fun and exciting.  I’m writing this blog for portfolio night for the F.L.A.G.S Program at Hilltop Middle,        portfolio night is a night where all the F.L.A.G.S students sign up for time to present a 15 minute presentation to your family and two other families because you’re paired with two other F.L.A.G.S students and we have to reflect what we learned tis year on at least two assignments per class except for P.E.  I chose these two assignments to reflect on for portfolio night because they both represent my growth and my weaknesses as a seventh grader compared to right now currently as an eighth grader.

My seventh grade assignment that I chose was the Murder Mystery assignment.  In the Murder Mystery assignment, we were given a document of a scene of a man named Winston Peacock, we had to guess wether it was a murder or if he committed suicide.  We had to write a police report of what we decided what it was; me and my team discussed and said it was a murder.  The things I did well was how I explained why I thought it was a murder and gave reasons why it was a murder.  What I need improvement on is my introduction and my conclusion.  One of F.L.A.G.S learning outcome I demostrated was being a critical and creavtive minded.  It was creative and civic minded because we had to think of wether it was a murder or suicide by uding evidence from the document.

image

My eighth grade assignment is the F.L.A.G.S promotion video.  During this assignment, we had to promote the F.L.A.G.S program to new incoming 7th graders because we didn’t have enough students signing up for F.L.A.G.S.  We had give examples why F.L.A.G.S is fun, exciting, and why it’s a good educational step into middle school like in seventh grade for math we did this base all unit where we collected data from a players averages, in science we got to disect worms and an owl pellet, etc.  The F.L.A.G.S learning outcome in the F.L.A.G.S promotion video was critical and creative minded because we had think back to seventh grade and give examples why F.L.A.G.S is fun.

How I improved as a writer between 7th and 8th grade is how I use more details to get my point across the reader, referrering back to the text and citing my sources more to make me evidence more stronger.  My weakness as a writer currently as an eighth grader is sometimes I won’t understand a prompt and not understand it for a while and gets the wrong evidence.