English class has been pretty good these past two years. I have learned so many new things about English throughout 7th and 8th grade. The reason I am writing this is because I am going to explain the difference of growth I have made from 7th to 8th grade. In seventh grade I attempted to write a perfect paragraph about Puerto Rico. In this paragraph, I had a lot of sentences that didn’t make sense, spelling errors, and a hard time explaining things about Puerto Rico. The next assignment I chose from 8th grade is the Memory Summary. In this summary, my spelling was way better, my sentences made more scenes, and I had an easier time explaining myself.

The assignment i chose from 7th grade was the Perfect Paragraph. In this perfect paragraph, I had to write a paragraph writing why Puerto Rico is a happy country. Some things in this paragraph don’t have anything to do with peoples happiness. For example, in the middle of the paragraph, i started talking about a medical center. A medical center has nothing to do with what makes people in Puerto Rico happy. Another mistake I made was repeating myself. In the first sentence, I wrote “Puerto Rico is a happy country because,” and then in the second sentence I wrote the exact same thing. In this assignment I demonstrated being an Effective Communicator. I showed this because in the process of writing this paragraph, I read different websites on Puerto Rico. After I read many websites, I put all the information together into a paragraph.image

The 8th grade assignment I chose was the Memory Summary. In this assignment we had to read an article on how to keep the human brain healthy, and then write a summary on what we read. When I wrote this summary, I only had one spelling error and had an easier time staying on topic and explaining myself. The things I highlighted in yellow were the good things. I introduced my reasons good and had a good closing sentence. The word highlighted in pink, was my spelling error. In this summery i demonstrated being an Effective Communicator. I demonstrated this because I read the article, took information from the article, and then wrote a summary about it. I cited my sources and put them in a summary the correct way. image

One way I improved from 7th to 8th grade was the way I worded things. Sometime sin my essays or paragraph, the wording just sounds weird. Since 7th grade, I think I have gotten better at doing that. I know this because on writing assignments, I am getting better grades. One weakness I have right now is citing my sources. Sometimes I have a hard time doing it or i just get confused by it. When i get to high school, I can just review my notes from 8th grade to help me cite sources in an essay. Hopefully by high school I am better at doing this.