Throughout these two years of middle school, I have grown. English, for example, has taught me new ways to back up my claim with evidence and how to combine sentences in various ways. These last few weeks, we have been trying to improve our writing so we can be prepared for High School. However, this isn’t why I am writing this blog. As a writer, I have improved so much since 7th Grade, but I still have some work to do. To prove that I have made a lot of process, I have chosen the assignments of Murder Mystery and Flowers for Algernon since they are totally different from each other, (writing form.)

In Seventh Grade, we had the assignment of “Murder Mystery” in which we had to write a report about the death of this guy. We, the writers, had to decide upon if this case was murder or suicide. From this piece, I really enjoyed the introduction, but I think I could have done a better job. However, I was not happy with my claim and conclusion. I’ve realized that those are not my strengths. Anyways, I believe that this assignment made me a Critical and Creative Thinker because I had the opportunity make up my own perspective of the incident. 

File_000

For my Eight Grade assignment, I chose the “Flower for Algernon Blog Post.” In this assignment, we had to describe how we felt about the things that occurred in the story compared to real life. In this artifact, I also thought that the claim was OK. Also, I realized that I did not have a good claim, which kind of ruined the whole paragraph. In addition, I did not like the conclusion, BUT I did like how I did not forget to include an example to back up my claim. This assignment proves that I am Global and Civic minded because I managed to use example of real world problems that had to do with the moral of the story correctly. 

File_001

I have to be honest: I haven’t really improved since the Seventh Grade. I pretty much have the same writing style but a little bit better. I admit, I am not good at claims or conclusions. I have tried to better them but I’ve had no luck. Obviously, I am trying to improve for high school by focusing more on those topics.