How my english class has been over the past two years ( even though it felt like forever ) has been a great experience for me. Learning many different standards in my class. With a very fun teacher who makes english class fun even out of all the boring lessons she makes them fun. Why I am writing this blog post is because is to reflect on our past from 7th grade to now 8th grade, and to see how much improvement I’ve made over those years. The two assignments I’m going to write about are what I believe show how much I’ve grown and how much more I still need to improve.

A picture of my 7th grade assignment with my strengths and weaknesses.

What this assignment was about was after reading a few sources we where supposed to write an argumentative essay about tap water vs bottled water. When describing each annotation on my essay some notes I took where on my spelling last year and my grammar that were really poor and didn’t sound right. Also how I wasn’t able determined wether the reasoning I had added was logical ( if it made sense when someone read it ) One the other hand what I’ve done well for this assignment was how I was able to compare and contrast the structures when give so. Lastly the Flags outcome I demonstrated by completing this assignment was Global and Civic minded because I was able to understand an economic problem between bottled water and tap water.

My 8th grade assignment with my strengths and weaknesses

What this assignment was about was after reading and annotating a poem about a moth a flame and a cockroach we had to write a blog post about certain questions that followed about the poem. When describing the annotations I made I took note that I compared to 7th grade my weakness changed I did improve on my spelling and grammar however I came across a new weakness about producing logical reasoning and writing. On the other hand summarizing fiction was still a higher positive strength then it could have been because when reading that fictional poem I found it very easy to summarize what was happening. This shows I am an Effective Communicator because I was able to contrast with others on there view on this pome which help me be a better writer.

Lastly how I’ve improved as a writer from 7th grade to 8th is how much my spelling, grammar, and how much better I am at text then analyzing writing in a essay. For example in 7th when I was given articles to read and annotate I wasn’t really the best at that, because of how much I didn’t know. On the other hand now in 8th grade I am much better at annotating and then converting the readings into writing. Moreover I still have weaknesses from 8th grade, like understand my if my reasonings are correct. So now I am working on theses weaknesses for high school.